Monday, February 16, 2015

Caitlin Hergenreter

**Photo from Caitlin**
Caitlin Hergenreter
Age: 24

1.How do you get your news?
I usually get my news from MSNBC news page since it's my home page, the local evening news, and various social media outlets. Social media may not always be the best for fact checking or unbiased opinions, but it's interesting to get other people's opinions.

2.Who is doing it right in news?
Pretty much all news sources are biased. That's how it's always been and how it will always be. However, I'm more likely to believe the local news rather than the big named stations. With a 24 hours news cycle they are constantly looking for any little thing they can air, sometimes before it's fully checked or relevant. It's a competition to break the story first and who can the get the most views. They've become more of an entertainment platform. 60 minutes is still great. I look forward to it every week.

3. How do you take your coffee?
As dark as my soul.

4. What's the best thing that happened to you this week?
I rediscovered my love for The Sims. It also happens to be the worst thing to happen to me this week.

5. What's the first news event that you remember?
The early coverage of the Jon Benet Ramsey case - 1997 era. I still follow the case today.

6. What do you absolutely hate about the news?
I hate when they have multiple people discussing something, but rather than talking about the topic everyone is trying to talk over each other. Just chill, people.

7. What's the best podcast to listen to while doing chores or homework?
Ear biscuits by Rhett and Link!

8.Would you ever go on the Bachelor?
No,

9. What is your job and what do you love  most about it?
I do marketing for Fort Frenzy. I love being able to work in a creative enviroment that allows me to be involved with the community.

10. Would you ever climb Mount Everest?
No. I'm too afraid of hieghts.

No comments:

Post a Comment